Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Music Producer caught with cocaine

Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) have
arrested 3 South Africa-based Nigerians, among them a mother of 7,
with drugs suspected to be methamphetamine, with an estimated street
value at N374 million.
Also arrested was a 44-year-old Asaba-based music producer, who
smuggled in 4.95kg of substance suspected to be cocaine. The suspects,
who were arrested at Murtala Mohammed International Airport, MMIA,
Lagos, allegedly concealed the substance in security lamps, silicon
sealants and foodstuff.
According to the NDLEA airport Commander, Mr. Hamza Umar, he said:
"Those apprehended are Chukwuenyem, 48 years old, with 21.695kg of
methamphetamine hidden inside his bag; Kelvin, 37, caught with 9.980kg
of methamphetamine hidden inside solar security lamps; Deborah, 40,
found with 5kg of methamphetamine hidden inside foodstuff and Michael,
44, with 4.95kg of cocaine hidden inside silicon sealants. Apart from
Michael, who was coming from Sao Paulo, Brazil, with 4.95kg of
cocaine, the other three suspects were trying to smuggle
methamphetamine to South Africa where they reside."
When interrogated, the music producer(Michael), who was on his way
from Brazil also claimed he was given a bag in Brazil without knowing
its content. In his words: "I am a music producer. I travelled to
Brazil to promote my music label and to partner other producers.
I had a successful deal but on my way back, I accepted a bag from a
friend I met in Sao Paulo to take to Nigeria. When I got here, NDLEA
demanded to search and 29 out of the 34 sealants were found to contain
cocaine. This is a major setback for my career and I feel very bad."

No comments:
Write comments

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...