Friday, February 5, 2016

Pregnant woman almost dies with her unborn child as her womb exploded


 
Survivors: Parents Claire and Matt with brave baby Cody
A woman has told how she came close to dying alongside with her unborn baby while heavily pregnant after her womb exploded.
Claire Gaylor, 37, from Welwyn Garden, Hertfordshire, was 30-weeks pregnant when she was diagnosed with placenta percreta.
The life-threatening condition occurs when a placenta grows too deeply into womb muscle.
This causes excessive bleeding and premature births.
But the full-time mum-of-three has made a miraculous recovery after spending 10 days being treated for heartburn before doctors realised what was behind her agony.
Claire slipped unconscious as her health deteriorated and her baby boy, Cody, stopped breathing twice from swallowing so much blood.
He was eventually delivered by emergency caesarean.
Her heartbroken husband, Matt, 39, was told to prepare himself for the worst as both his son and wife fought for their lives.

 
Pregnant: The mum-of-three has made a miraculous recovery
Thankfully Claire awoke after being ventilated for five days but had no recollection of her ordeal or that she'd already had her baby.
Doctors had to perform a hysterectomy to save Claire's life – they have both since made a full recovery from the ordeal in 2014 and are sharing their story to help others.
Claire said: "By the time doctors realised what was happening I was hours from death.
"I slipped into a coma after being in agonising pain for 10 days, when I woke up I was no longer pregnant with Cody, he had been born via caesarean.
"My husband, Matt, even named him before I woke up in intensive care five-days later.

 

"I couldn't believe how close I had come to losing my life and my baby, it's so scary to think that our future could have been snatched away by this rare condition.
"Matt was told to say his final goodbyes to both me and Cody at one point, I can't even imagine how awful that must have been for him.
"We are incredibly lucky to have both survived, I even had six blood transfusions after internally bleeding.
"We were so grateful that we were able to take our boy home nine-weeks later."

No comments:
Write comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...