Sunday, January 4, 2015

Brave mum who refused cancer treatment to save unborn child dies

Kathy Taylor was 26-weeks pregnant when she was diagnosed with melanoma and told she had just days to live


A brave mum who refused cancer treatment for fear of harming her unborn child has died.

Kathy Taylor, 34, was 26-weeks pregnant with her sixth child when she was diagnosed with melanoma and given just days to live.

Doctors were forced to deliver baby Luke 14 weeks early on September 11 when Ms Taylor's liver began to fail.

Tragically, her son died two weeks later from an infection.
Ms Taylor was able to spend a final Christmas with her family but died on New Year's Eve after her condition deteriorated rapidly.


Writing on "Kathy's Miracle" blog today, Ms Taylor's husband Nathan said: "Kathy’s desire was to make it past Christmas, for the kids.

"In our case, God let it happen; and many people made sure this Christmas was unique and special for our children, and I know they will never forget it."

"Her pain was so great the last 3 1/2 weeks.
"I ache for her.

"I know I should feel happy that she is out of pain, and at times I do, but I feel so bad for how much pain she had to endure."

Mr Taylor fainted when he realised his wife had died.

"As I realized she had gone I gathered her in my arms and embraced her," he wrote.



"I was so sad that I had been asleep and not been with her when she passed.

"My face and body smacked the chair and then floor with a loud thud.

"I was faint so I could barely help my dad move her into her bed.

"I love you Kathy.

"I hope you know that.

"Woman of unwavering faith"

RIP

No comments:
Write comments

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...